Blastomycosis, or "blasto" for short, is a fungal disease found in humans, dogs, and other mammals - occasionally cats. It is commonly misdiagnosed, often as cancer, Valley fever, Lyme disease, and other viral infections.
I have put together this site in memory of my Golden Retriever, who is believed to have died from Blastomycosis. I am collecting all the information I can find about this fungal disease.
I hope that over time you can submit your information and stories to make this a major blastomycosis resource center for anyone who maybe recently diagnosed, or who is suffering from its effects.
The message board here is quite active. Please use feel free to use the message board to share your stories, photos, memories of blastomycosis victims.
Latest Posts on the Message Board
- Blasto after months of misdiagnosis
- Uzi & Blasto
- Maxwell Standard Poodle Diagnosed with Blastomycosis January 2018
- SIMON: day 3 of blasto treatment in 2 yr old golden... worried sick
- Trying to see if there is a link between paraphimosis and blasto
- Worried about Bella
- Miracle Murray the mini Poodle
- My poor dog died from this!
- Antibiotic use during treatment with antifungal (Itraconazole)
- Preventative best practices agains blastomycosis
- CASE STUDY - BRECKER German Shepherd Dog
- Brecker - 7 Month Old German Shepherd
- Could it be blasto?
- New to Blastomycosis with our Dog