Blastomycosis, or "blasto" for short, is a fungal disease found in humans, dogs, and other mammals - occasionally cats. It is commonly misdiagnosed, often as cancer, Valley fever, Lyme disease, and other viral infections.
I have put together this site in memory of my Golden Retriever, who is believed to have died from Blastomycosis. I am collecting all the information I can find about this fungal disease.
I hope that over time you can submit your information and stories to make this a major blastomycosis resource center for anyone who maybe recently diagnosed, or who is suffering from its effects.
The message board here is quite active. Please use feel free to use the message board to share your stories, photos, memories of blastomycosis victims.
Latest Posts on the Message Board
- Nizoral Cream 15gm safety measure
- Feldene 20mg precautions
- Any chance of saving Willow's eye?
- Retinal Detachment
- Blastomycosis in cats
- Mable. Chocolate lab 4 years old survivor 9 years old in present
- Mables Story. Maybe it might give someone some insight into this disease I sti
- Mable 4 yrs to day since blasto from hell fight
- Cheapest Itraconazole
- Scout Blastomycosis
- New diagnosis: worried about low itraconazole dosage and forced-feeding question
- Blasto - 3 year Weimaraner - moved from RTP, NC
- Willie-4 yr old Bichon/shihtzu-confirmed blasto
- Golden Retriever 7Yrs 9Mo. Confirmed Blasto
- Chest xray
- How long before he gets better instead of worse
- 100% Sure our dog Phoebe had blasto.