Blastomycosis, or "blasto" for short, is a fungal disease found in humans, dogs, and other mammals - occasionally cats. It is commonly misdiagnosed, often as cancer, Valley fever, Lyme disease, and other viral infections.
I have put together this site in memory of my Golden Retriever, who is believed to have died from Blastomycosis. I am collecting all the information I can find about this fungal disease.
I hope that over time you can submit your information and stories to make this a major blastomycosis resource center for anyone who maybe recently diagnosed, or who is suffering from its effects.
The message board here is quite active. Please use feel free to use the message board to share your stories, photos, memories of blastomycosis victims.
Latest Posts on the Message Board
- Lucy a 9 month old Golden
- Day 11- Is liquid watery diarrhoea a common thing
- Tonight Ella will have her 10th dose-Scared her breathing will continue to incre
- Day 7-Need a bit of encouragement- Can Itraconazole make cancer worse?
- Search not working - Trying to search the board
- Vaporizer for dogs that Xray showed snowstorm imaging
- Australian (Sydney) case of Blastomycosis ORHistoplasmosis -VET says zero chance
- Metoprolol 50mg at Online Pharmacy
- info on Paracetamol
- Opinions on Chest X-Rays
- Herbal remedies
- Are the spores in my dogs feces?
- Nizoral Cream 15gm safety measure
- Feldene 20mg precautions
- Any chance of saving Willow's eye?
- Retinal Detachment
- Blastomycosis in cats