Author Topic: Geographical Locations  (Read 4607 times)

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Forum Admin
    • lisa.blog
Geographical Locations
« on: November 17, 2006, 08:10:02 AM »
I about a week to 10 days behind on getting my most recent emails and communications up the the website due to other commitments.  I hope to catch up over this weekend. It heartbreaking reading all the e-mail I get - survival rates are not very high.

I also plan to start a page where I can keep track of cases by location and year so we can show which areas of Canada and the US people should be educated about Blastomycosis. I actually might do it in tabular form and include if the dog or person recovered. I'm sure I'll need help from you all for this feature.

Wilson3

Re: Geographical Locations
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 07:24:23 PM »
I really think this would be a great idea!!!
I know that in Milwaukee there has been a ton of cases in dogs now.
Most people seem to think that they could never get it though.

Offline Jen

• At Home By The Fence
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 07:50:15 AM »
Dirbike (coon-hound) lives near Muncie, central Indiana - we live in a flood plain on Killbuck Creek. Two ponds, lots of straw and mulch, wet forest land. Great vet: Dr. Darren L. Dell, Northwood Veterinary Hospital.
Hope you get a good response- so many times the patients do more research than the drs. The drs. can learn alot from people like you.
Thanks, Lisa-
jen
"so put your faith in more than steel - don't store your treasures up with moth and rust - where thieves break in and steal"
Thrice

Offline jpwade

• Blastomycosis Survey & Google Earth Geographical Locations
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 12:31:27 PM »
Hello Lisa,

I agree with you in ref. to providing geophysical locations of incidents. It is most important.

Check http://www.thompsonbd.com/guestmap.php

The  script would likely work great for your site, it allows visitors to zoom to their location then double click on Google Maps to add a placemark with comments.

It utilizes MySQL for the database, Feel free to email me if you you would like help with installing or customizing it for your site.

I have recently started a survey and location db, its still in its initial stages of development.

With hopes more geographical/survey/location dbases will start to appear on the Net and finding a means to combine them would be fantastic.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 12:43:27 PM by jpwade »
jpwade
www.czmartin.com/blasto
(Blastomycosis Survey with Google Earth & Maps Geophysical Locations)

Offline luvmyjacks

• Will has regained his weight - ask Harry
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 12:03:36 PM »
Can we revive this concept?  We have so many members now if we include their hometowns we might have some interesting data.  Clicked on the jpwade link but it isn't active.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 12:54:17 PM by luvmyjacks »