Author Topic: Itraconazole Savings  (Read 2817 times)

Offline ilovepitbulls1

Itraconazole Savings
« on: November 09, 2015, 06:52:23 PM »
I'm new to the forum but this is my 2nd time going through Blasto treatment with my dog Diesel diagnosed Dec '13 and Oct '15 ! I just wanted to share that the 1st time I found this online and used it at my local pharmacy (Walmart) for itraconazole and I used it again today it does help save money on the drug. The 1st time I was having financial hard ships and could only afford to pick up a week at a time regular price was $125 (14) 100mg capusels using the discount card knocked it down to $89. This time we are picking up 2 weeks at a time reg. price was $254 (28) 100mg caps. using the discount card it was $149. There may be others out there that the savings are greater but I printed 2 and used the one with the most savings. http://www.petdrugcard.com/itraconazole-coupon.html

Offline lpenman

Re: Itraconazole Savings
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 12:03:39 AM »
My Wal-Mart Pharmacy no longer accepts coupon for pet prescriptions.    :'(

Offline ilovepitbulls1

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 08:53:15 AM »
Have you tried using them? Can you tell me which company you got the savings card from?

I was looking at other savings the other day I think it was GoodRx and people were saying their pharmacies were refusing them. GoodRx said the cards they publish certain pharmacies are contracted to accept them. A lot of people were contacting them and they were helping them with getting the pharmacy to accept them.

My Walmart accepts them I use one from GoodRx for my girls seizure meds because they want to jerk me around on price I'll go 2 months and it's $23 then the next month it's $64, next 2 months its $23 then next month it is $44. I pay $7.70 with the card.
I used this card from PetDrugCard in 2013 for itraconazole for 4 months and I am currently using it again at Walmart for itraconazole but I have only picked up the 1st month.

Offline cln2012

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 07:33:06 AM »
Hello,

I've been using the Goodrx card to get Itraconazol at CVS for $289. Its 60 100 MG capsules. When I first tried it was very difficult. The pharamacy told me I could not use it. I persisted and they they told me I needed some type of identification number used by doctors. Vets have a different version of this number, so my vet called and give them their version. It still did not work. I finally emailed Goodrx and they resloved it within a week. They told me the pharmacies they list have a contract with them to offer the medications at the listed price. It was difficult, but Goodrx was wonderful at resolving the situation.

Offline wcwilson

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 05:46:44 AM »
I know this is an old post, but if anyone is reading this later I would suggest going to Costco . As a member I am getting this for $54/month, much lower than what CVS would charge. Without membership I think it was $62.