Author Topic: How do you know when youve fully recovered  (Read 4090 times)

Offline joelmac

How do you know when youve fully recovered
« on: August 05, 2014, 11:47:34 AM »
I had scans that indicated fungus in one lung and one leg. Ive been on the medication for a year, and the scan results for the bone scan says their is a 'mild interval decrease in scintigraphic activity and there is no new scintigraphic activity. the lung: 'has partically resolved with residual linear opactities'. my Doctor says that whats left over is just scar tissue...lng functionaing is above normal. I dont like seeing 'partial' and 'mild'

Anyone have any thoughts about this that they would like to share?

Offline Faith

Re: How do you know when youve fully recovered
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 05:24:06 AM »
My dog Sophie <canine>  has been on meds since Feb. 2013.   We use the Mira Vista Antigen test < negative is a win > at least twice within 6-8weeks of each test.  Once we complete the second planning on every 3-4 months of testing with Mira Vista for an additional year.  Seems to me they should be able to do that same test on humans. 

We've used Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother in her water.  Read about it.   Milk Thistle taken each day while on Flucon. 

Keep in mind the medical doctors work for us when we seek their assist of knowledge.   Its up to each of us to listen to our intuition, question and decide our treatment.  In the past if there is a hint of doubt with the doctor's approach I seek another.  The course of action isn't for agreement, its for the proper communication skill , respect for the patient's concern, and well being. 

Sophie was partial and mild on her second Mira Vista test results a few months back.  My vet and our family chose to keep her on meds.  Hope this helps.   
IF partial and mild is unacceptable then your intuition just made a call.

Offline joyace

Re: How do you know when youve fully recovered
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 04:18:25 AM »
 still dealing with same kind of problems. have been on meds for 10 months and just starting to try therapy to regain ability to walk so scars will be normal now

anything