Author Topic: Case Database  (Read 3052 times)

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Forum Admin
    • lisa.blog
Case Database
« on: January 12, 2008, 04:26:32 PM »
I've been working today on programming a case database.

It is in testing phase so if/when you find a bug or a problem, email me right away at lisa@blastomycosis.ca and I'll program a fix. 

You might just want to type a little into each box the first time in case it doesn't get entered properly (I need some test users). There is a way to edit afterwards and you can add more text.

I can add additional fields to the database in the future if you feel something is missing.

I've had a lot of concerns about building this database - I built this site to share information, and I'm very encouraged by the sharing occurring through this message board, but I'm very hesitant for anyone to draw any conclusions or statistics from this case database for a few reasons.  Not all of us have had a definitive diagnosis.  We've all seen people come through here who were 100% they or their dog had blasto and then it turns out to be something else. Not a problem - but we could have people entering case reports and then never coming back to update/correct/remove them.  Another concern of mine is the mysterious nature of where many cases come from. We all have a gut feeling on where our loved ones might have contracted blasto, but most of us will never have concrete evidence on when and where it was contracted, so putting together stats on gut feelings isn't best practise either. I prefer for now if we just evaluate the cases on a case by case basis.  It will be a handy reference to catch up other people's experiences with blastomycosis when we're chatting with each other on the message board.

I will add a search feature once we have more cases in the database. I might also allow one photo to be attached to each profile. Stay tuned.

Here is the link: http://blastomycosis.ca/index.cgi?page=cases

Wilson3

Re: Case Database
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 06:46:39 AM »
thanks lisa  ;D
completly understandable i will try filling it out
wilson3

Offline luvmyjacks

• Will has regained his weight - ask Harry
Re: Case Database
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 03:33:54 PM »
You made some very good points.  I will also enter my data.  Thank you.

anything