Author Topic: New Member. Life after blasto  (Read 4628 times)

Offline kmease

New Member. Life after blasto
« on: July 23, 2011, 05:19:11 PM »
I was diagnosed with Blasto in the summer of 2007 after going to pulmonologist for 3 months. Changed doctors and the second one fortunately, recommended biopsy which confirmed blasto. Treated with Sporanox (Itraconazole) for 5 months before I was dc'd from it. BTW I am a General Contractor in the Tennessee River Valley and over 55 years old. I didn't stand a chance :-)
I am left with considerable joint pain and shortness of breath. I'm certain that the breathing problem is due to the large amount of scar tissue left from the blasto. I am on combivent and nebulizer but still having difficulty breathing. I've tried just about every alternative to these from the natural (holistic) community but nothing appears to help. I'm also on 10mg lortabs for the joint pain which works most of the time except in certain flareup times. The only other condition that seems prevalent is extreme sweating since the blasto occurrence.
I was curious if anyone else has similar symptoms and what has worked for them?

Regards,
Kenn

Offline Connie

Re: New Member. Life after blasto
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 01:23:20 PM »
Hi I had blasto in July 1999 and was cleared of it 19 months later. My breathing was hard and this year I find it even more difficult. I am going to go for more testing as I have great difficult time doing much work or walking.  Get the docs to check your bones as blasto can get in them. My doc says blasto works like TB and can reoccur at anytime.

Offline Carl

Re: New Member. Life after blasto
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 11:30:33 AM »
Hi !    ...finally found this site.   :D

I had the cutaneous type in my face and was wondering if the soreness achiness and the ability to take a nap at the drop of an eyelid was common?

It's hard to get anything done! Ive been off Sporanox for 2 months now and I'm hoping I'll feel better soon.

Feels like a severe electrolyte imbalance.

Any insights?  Thanks all.

anything