Author Topic: Website Update  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Forum Admin
    • lisa.blog
Website Update
« on: November 10, 2007, 01:49:37 PM »
I've started to redo the look of the original website for Blastomycosis.ca.  I had no idea if this site would take off originally, so I didn't put much effort in at the beginning.  Basically when I'm hurting, I heal myself by building websites to help others deal with the same hurt. When I couldn't find a good Blastomycosis site, I decided to start one.  I'm sorry there are so many others who have had their lives impacted with Blastomycosis.

The first page I just added was a reference list page - http://blastomycosis.ca/index.cgi?page=links  I have access to a University library to research so I'll add to this page as I go.  There has been A LOT of research for blastomycosis. I was surprised to be honest.

I have to update the content on the other pages. At some point I'll update the look of this message board.  And then I'll work on building a database to collect our experiences.

Wilson3

Re: Website Update
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 05:46:52 PM »
lisa thank you sooo much for making this wonderful site!!!!
it sure help me when i needed it
wilson3

Offline luvmyjacks

• Will has regained his weight - ask Harry
Re: Website Update
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 10:05:34 AM »
Lisa This website is a GIFT.  It has helped so many of us as we share our stories of sadness and success as well as hard earned knowledge of treatment options, dosages, foods and vets who might help ours successfully treat our pets.  Believe it our not it is becoming the "go to" site for new victims all over Ontario and the U.S.  If you can create a table/spreadsheet/data summary site where we can add our specfic info we might just have the largest and most valueable source of information on blasto to be found anywhere.  A lot of the textbook information is contradictory or too narrow and many of the dogs listed on this site have wide variation in symptoms and treatment.  You are now attracting a lot of people willing to join hands to fight this disease through research, beating the drum, writing better informed articles and even wearing T shirts encouraging people to find out about Blasto.  YOU deserve an award for doing this even though it dredges up so much pain for you and you are so busy with your personal life.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!