Author Topic: pictures of Bennie and Heather  (Read 5205 times)

Offline benniesmom

• This is my Bennie, a retired Greyhound
    • Barbara Savage Art of the Animal
pictures of Bennie and Heather
« on: December 24, 2010, 01:48:43 AM »
Thank you all for caring so much. i am so grateful and so sorry that you have to hurt with me.. Thank you for the love and support. it's so important to me... Here are some more pictures of my fella and his kid sister. She's pretty subdued since Ben died...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 01:53:27 AM by benniesmom »

Offline Niners

• We will always love you, 99!
Re: pictures of Bennie and Heather
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 05:14:22 AM »
I love them! They are beautiful. You could paint them forever, Barb, and still have to paint them again!

ct
Remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth - Gen 9:16
”Dogs` lives are too short. Their only fault, really.” ~Agnes Sligh Turnbull

Offline Sadie123

• I love Sadie's face!!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 01:12:24 PM »
I love those pictures.  Ben and Heather love each other enough to share a chair.  And they are howling together, how cute!
Missing my Sadie

Offline benniesmom

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 04:32:09 PM »
Looking back over all the pictures from the last half year, Ben is always lying down........ but mostly, he wasn't unhappy, just real tired...... Heart failure is brutal, Blasto is brutal... So now Ben is on the other side and he's getting Sadie trained up in catching rabbits. Niners just observes......... but she would like to think about joining in. if that would be okay...... it's all catch and release in heaven, though... Ben's had to get used to that............. his Heather had a trip to the shelter today to be "cat tested" so far, so good.. we might get a kitty to keep her company...... Heather has never ever been alone before........... Ben couldn't be trusted for a second with a cat.....

so. my son will be here tomorrow night for three days... it helps a lot, just knowing that..... I feel like I'm dragging a weight around, but his coming to visit will make life on earth a lot better for me this week...

One cute thing about Ben....... he was a thief..... so if someone came to work on something at the house, glove fingers might (did) get eaten, tool boxes get chewed, cookies and sandwiches stolen, tools with nice chewy handles borrowed and remodeled....... No one ever resented it, because he was so funny about how he did it......... and....... his cookies were his.... Ben was a "my stuff is mine and YOUR stuff is mine" kind of guy.........and then he would put his head over your knee and hug hard, and say I love you. and lean...... and no one ever could resist liking Ben......
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 08:40:15 AM by benniesmom »

Offline Cosmo

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 08:16:20 AM »
Sweet memories and wonderful pictures of Bennie and Heather.  Hope the kitty helps with Heather's loneliness and you keep healing.
Jacci

Offline jefndebbacon

• Winter - miss you....
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 06:38:37 PM »
thank you for sharing the memories!  funny, thief that Bennie!  LOL! Love the photos!  You are so lucky that you can capture those moments in a painting if you so choose!  Much better than a photo in a album!  Thank you for all of the info on "the fight."  It helps so much for the next ones who will have to fight this dreadful fungus.  Hugs!  Deb

Wilson3

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 12:03:57 PM »
They are both beautiful! hold them close to your heart!
Wilson3

Offline benniesmom

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 12:48:31 PM »
Bennie goofball.... I was in the studio working yesterday, as my son is here and he needed to work, on his computer, he is a heli-ski guide in Alaska, and he has a mapping project he is doing for the company..... days are too short for him to guide in December, so I get to see him. Since he needed to work, i thought I might see if I could get going again. I have a show to paint for in summer...... and when I was in there, I saw the surgical gloves I wear to protect my hands from VOC's.... ouch.... They always had to be left on the mast of the easel, up high. because Bennie would EAT them, if he could reach them... nice blue surgical gloves....... and paper towels... he loved those............ and the remotes Henry asked... "Don't you have a remote for this tv? " (It's a little flat screen hi-def........... you would think..) but Bennie chewed up two, and the phone, and a cell phone, so I just gave up........ He loved things that had been in my hands.... shoes, too...... moosehide moccassins... he went through a couple of pairs. ARRGGH! My god he was a funny guy...... And now the throw pillows all stay put. Bennie was fussy and always threw them around, generally on the floor. and he loved to sleep on the guest room bed, where there is a big fluffy duvet. Eh always arranged that to his liking......Silly Bennie. Yes. I miss him. and I think sometimes he was Kevvy, my first Borzoi, finally come back to me........... So, for those of you with these beliefs, I indulge in those thoughts, too. and Heather. maybe she's Garbo, my last Borzoi....... or not. it does not matter so much... but it is interesting to find myself using both names when I talk of Ben now. or maybe it's just that I am 64 and it's telling on me.......

My son and I went to the Zoo yesterday to see the new wolves and drop off a painting of Leo, one of their lions, for the winter benefit ball....... It was good to be there. One of the bears, Trouble, is from Alaska, and had broken into the Anchorage Zoo, three times.  They finally realized his jaw was broken. It worked out for Trouble! He has care! That Zoo is close to Henry's uncle's house in Anchorage, and now he's here in Duluth.... Small world.

Still don't know about adding a cat.. am thinking probablynot. Heather is a lovely girl. She might flourish being an only pet. If I do it, though, I'll post a photo.

Thanks again friends. I will answer!!!

Barb
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 01:11:34 PM by benniesmom »

Offline Sadie123

• I love Sadie's face!!
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 03:04:13 PM »
Love the stories of Ben....please keep them coming.  I'm reading them.  Still missing my Sadie.  I haven't cried for her in over a week, but today....things are settling down and I'm missing her like crazy!  I even got new pics of our new pup that is waiting on us.  Still missing my Sadie Lou!!
Missing my Sadie