Author Topic: Sadie  (Read 20781 times)

Offline Sadie123

• I love Sadie's face!!
Re: Sadie
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2011, 10:53:46 PM »
Really missing Sadie a lot tonight.  Enjoying the new puppy a lot, but there are those days when I wish I had my Sadie back.  She knew me, I knew her.  It worked very well.  The new pup and I have a long way to go.  It's really hard sometimes, but she is becoming my little buddy. 

Remembering Sadie's last day - making the decision - taking her in to say goodbye....I wish that day never happened.
Missing my Sadie

Offline Lolasmom

• My little pretty princess.
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2011, 12:14:48 PM »
I wish that day had never came too.  Katie is a lucky little pup to have you.

Offline Sadie123

• I love Sadie's face!!
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2011, 09:33:08 PM »
Still miss Sadie.  My son talks about her from time to time, and as for me......the time has come that I can talk about her without a tear in my eye.  I'm not saying I never cry over her - sometimes when I'm alone and think about her, I get a little sad and wish I could hug that fuzzy spotted face.   But times have definitely gotten better.  There are days that go by and she never crosses my mind much.

As for the new pup - Katie - we are moving along fine now.  She is becoming my little buddy.  I was really hoping she would chose my son as her "person".  But instead she chose me.  She's a wild thing still.  I am still working with her and getting her trained.  She is so darned smart!  She can learn anything I want to teach her.  But it's up to her to decide whether or not she wants to do it.  I guess it's part of the puppy in her.  She's 7.5 months now.  I got her spayed a few weeks ago.  I called my vet before the surgery to question him about the sutures.  I know how wild this aussie is, and I was really concerned about her ripping the sutures out.  He assured me what they use - she would be fine.  And fine she was.  I went to pick her up and they told me she'd probably lay around the rest of the day and be back to normal in a few days.  Not Kate.  We came home and she never even knew she had the surgery.  She was bee-bopping around here like it was nothing.  So now that she's had her surgery, changed her call name to Kate Spade.....LOL, get it?  Haha.  She's a hoot.  And a handful.  It was a HUGE adjustment going from a well behaved dog like Sadie, to having no dog for a few months, to having a WILD dog!!!  Whew, we survived the past 5 months and things are finally getting better around here.  Kate has this water obsession.  So unlike Sadie.  But there are so many things that she does that are just like Sadie. 

All in all, I'm adjusting much better than I thought I would.  Still waiting to get past the puppy stage.  But for those out there that have lost and are afraid that you will never be able to move on - let me tell you, you can.  Sadie was my child....I loved her so very much.  And if I can open up my heart to another dog, then you can as well.  Just beware if you go from a dog to a puppy again - things are going to be different - very different.  So here's to the next 12-14 yrs.  I hope I never have another dog with blasto or cancer.  If I do, I will be looking for you all to help us get through it.  I have made so many good friends on this website.  I hope you all have too. 
Missing my Sadie

anything