Author Topic: Appetite  (Read 326 times)

Offline Hadeane

Appetite
« on: September 03, 2018, 09:49:20 PM »
Hi,
I started Peanut on Itraconazole last week and every day she has been eating less and less. Does this side effect eventually go away?

Offline oakes cove

• Member 2013
Re: Appetite
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 05:16:48 PM »
Hey sorry to hear about peanut.  That is normal that they wont eat, however Peanut needs strength to fight. What we did was give small spoons of peanut butter every 4 hours, we also did droppers filled with newborn baby formula, its very high in vitamins, also we did water even if it had to be from dropper as well.  We tried to do it every four hours. For to keep strength up.   It usually takes few days before you see some improvement.  It will have ups and downs.  So go symptom by symptom and day by day.   It also depends on when you actually caught stopping the disease.    Our dog Mable was sick before hand for very long time.  Her story is posted on here in message board somewhere. She is a survivor for 5 yrs.  she lost her vision from the disease.  She is ok and adapted almost too well to being blind.  She is chocolate lab.  Hope the food advice helps.  Oh. Also yogurt helps. You can correct all the sugars after you get the strength up.   Goodluck.  Keep reading this site.  It saved Mables life.  Cd

Offline oakes cove

• Member 2013
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 05:24:02 PM »
Hello. Im so sorry im a month late in responding. I hope all went well for you.  My apologies. Cd

Offline dhrdgrec1

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 10:39:30 AM »
Not sure where you are at this point but I feed Max who is a Standard Poodle and lost 20 pounds during this time by hand.  Just to get something down.  I have to say he never lost the will to eat, but at times would walk away from the food dish.  So I would personally hold it for him.  I had him on Hills prescription chicken stew can fro the vet and mixed with Hills dry chicken from vet.  Once recovered he gain back 10 pounds.

anything