Author Topic: Itraconazole  (Read 227 times)

Offline Hadeane

Itraconazole
« on: August 30, 2018, 01:43:55 PM »
Hi,
My dog has been diagnosed with blastomycosis. I just got the medication and I'm terrified to give it to her (I know I have to and will). How bad is her breathing going to be when I give it to her? How long before it happens?
Thanks

Offline dhrdgrec1

Re: Itraconazole
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 10:10:49 AM »
I don't know where you are at this point.  The drug is hard on some dogs.  Max was really tired.  Got up to go out and would come back in and sleep.  I monitored him daily.  He did eat but I had to be inventive with can and dry combination of Hills Prescription from vet.  Chicken stew was his favorite.  The Sporamax was hard on the liver so we gave him a supplement the vet suggested to support.  After 5 months on med. and high enzyme count in liver he came back.  Each and everyday we were seeing the old Max coming back.  he became more active.  Often times he would look me in the eyes and I swear he was just saying thanks for being there.  Max is a therapy dog who has done so much for others in his short life and now he needed the help.  He has had 2 neg. Blasto test and doing well.  My thoughts are with you.

anything