Author Topic: Preventative best practices agains blastomycosis  (Read 965 times)

Offline pmifsud

Preventative best practices agains blastomycosis
« on: February 10, 2018, 07:57:26 AM »
I did a search on keyword preventative in this forum in the hopes that there is one place one can look up to get the very best ideas to help prevent this seemingly unpreventable dreadful disease.   Those that have survivor pets would want to read this thread since I understand that relapse is possible especially during the first year.   

Please post your experiences and ideas here on what you have done that you believe contributed to the prevention of blastomycosis for you furry loved one.   

Offline oakes cove

• Member 2013
Re: Preventative best practices agains blastomycosis
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 10:54:39 AM »
Hey im Mables mom. She is a survivor. What i do is give her a yogurt plain daily. Only because in my mind yogurt helps to combat bad fungal or yeast. People eat it when having yeast infection caused by antibiotics or body imbalance.  Not sure if its the right choice but in my mind it helps and is comforting and we have been fairly lucky. I also give her oregano oil for about a week in the spring and fall months.  Also i use clove oil infuser in house at the first of fall. We burn wood and blasto spores must be always around because of that. We even breathe in clove oil after handling wood or mulch.  Its also known as thieves oil. There is a whole story on its use in old times with pirates and such.   If you google thieves oil it will come up and actually make sense. Hope that helps. Cd

anything