Author Topic: Day 11- Is liquid watery diarrhoea a common thing  (Read 74 times)

Offline Roubi

Day 11- Is liquid watery diarrhoea a common thing
« on: November 24, 2017, 08:48:19 AM »
Hi everyone,

Ella is on her day 11 of Itraconazole. Since she stopped wanting her normal diet and reading about appetite and various food, we started trying all sorts of things like hamburger, salmon and today mackerel (fish in can, like sardines) etc etc - This has created massive diarrhoea for Ella. Like water poo- no shape no nothing just absolute liquid. Poor Ella, on top of everything, now she has diarrheoa- I should have realised that and make sure I was giving her highly digestible "different" food. I feel silly.

Did anyone experience water diarrheoa and what did you do to fix this ? what about food since already she wasn't eating properly and now we are dealing with GI issues. Any advise?

Offline RyanB

Re: Day 11- Is liquid watery diarrhoea a common thing
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 03:36:03 PM »
Hello yes very much so. Found that going back to the basics has helped a bit. White rice and  boiled beef or chicken has helped solidify her stool a bit. Hydration is key with diarrhea so just try to get as much fluid into her as possible according to our vet. How is she doing otherwise?