Author Topic: Chest xray  (Read 679 times)

Offline Kingstons mom

Chest xray
« on: March 13, 2017, 04:28:43 PM »
Hi there,
I'm new to this board, currently waiting to hear if my sweet 5 year old baby has either aggressive lung cancer or blasto. Just wondering if anyone else had the experience of their chest X-ray being read by a radiologist who thought it looked more like metastatic lung cancer than blasto? The symptoms would be quite similar and my vet was definitely leaning towards blasto until he asked a radiologist (from Calgary, where they don't see much blasto apparently) to interpret the results. At that point he decided that it wasn't worth pursuing the blasto angle and told us to take him home and spoil him basically. I insisted he send the urine sample anyway and got a prescription to start Itraconazole just in case, which we've done. We still have to wait another 3 days for the results. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I know it's still terrible, but we're praying for blasto. At least then there's a chance. So scared for my boy 😢

Offline Labair

Re: Chest xray
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 09:19:09 AM »
Our dog had that same initial diagnosis: cancer. It turned out to be Blasto and she was cured with the help of a person on this board that quickly sent me an initial amount of Sporanox.

One note about "no blasto in this area".  It can travel is subtle ways. i think our dog may have caught it from landscape mulch that was packaged far from where I live. My area has a very low incidence of Blasto. The area where the mulch was packaged has a high incidence of Blasto. Just a thought.

Offline ghart36

Re: Chest xray
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 05:00:31 PM »
Same diagnosis with the x rays and we are currently awaiting the urine test results. Its been almost 2 weeks and I think that is ridiculous, calling the vet tomorrow and demanding they get the results. We don't want our little dude to suffer anymore, whether he has to be put to sleep because of cancer or begin the battle with Blasto. I hope everything worked out for you, Kingston's mom.

anything