Blastomycosis, or "blasto" for short, is a fungal disease found in humans, dogs, and other mammals - occasionally cats. It is commonly misdiagnosed, often as cancer, Valley fever, Lyme disease, and other viral infections.
I have put together this site in memory of my Golden Retriever, who is believed to have died from Blastomycosis. I am collecting all the information I can find about this fungal disease.
I hope that over time you can submit your information and stories to make this a major blastomycosis resource center for anyone who maybe recently diagnosed, or who is suffering from its effects.
The message board here is quite active. Please use feel free to use the message board to share your stories, photos, memories of blastomycosis victims.
Latest Posts on the Message Board
- Can you get blasto from a toe nail fungus
- When do improvements start? Lots of questions!
- Itraconazole Savings
- Struggling and Waiting for a Diagnosis
- Buy cheap generics no prescription
- Buy penny-pinching generics no medicament
- Antigen test early in treatment
- Running out of time!!! DECATUR, ILLINOIS
- Believe miserly generics no recipe
- Testing soil and mulch
- Blasto from mulch?
- Blasto in mulch
- Case search
- Negative Blasto Test - Is it Really Negative?
- Worried about respiratory blastomycosis
- Success Stories Here
I've added more references to the references page thanks to a submission of resources from an Infectious Diseases Coordinator.
Charlie's owner Bob sent in two videos of Charlie's coughing and hacking, and Charlie's x-rays. Unfortunately Charlie did not survive Blastomycosis. See them here: Charlie
I've added a chat box for anyone who wants to chat with other people who are online at the same time - Blastomycosis Chat Room
I'm working on a case database - View Case Database
I've added a page for scientific papers about Blastomycosis. - Reference List
To see the latest mention of Blastomycosis in the news, visit this section of our message board: Blastomycosis in the News