Blastomycosis, or "blasto" for short, is a fungal disease found in humans, dogs, and other mammals - occasionally cats. It is commonly misdiagnosed, often as cancer, Valley fever, Lyme disease, and other viral infections.
I have put together this site in memory of my Golden Retriever, who is believed to have died from Blastomycosis. I am collecting all the information I can find about this fungal disease.
I hope that over time you can submit your information and stories to make this a major blastomycosis resource center for anyone who maybe recently diagnosed, or who is suffering from its effects.
The message board here is quite active. Please use feel free to use the message board to share your stories, photos, memories of blastomycosis victims.
Latest Posts on the Message Board
- Sporanox (brand name) Effectiveness
- Little Indy's second battle
- How do you know when youve fully recovered
- Xena Day 16 --- nose bleeds
- Xena Day 13 - lesion spotted for first time?
- CanadaDrugs.com has a promo code running for 25% off your first order
- Xena's Battle with Blastomycosis - Day 9 -- Need advice on swallowing meds!?!
- Newly dx'd -- systemic -- day 5
- MIRA VISTA CHART
- Gambit's Negitive!
- Important Info If You're Struggling With Vet Bills
- Switching from fluconazole to itra -- who's done it?
- XTRA ITRACONOZOLE
- HAS YOUR PET BEEN TWITCHING SINCE DEVELOPING BLASTO?
- WAS YOUR PET HOSPITALIZED DURING THE 1ST FEW DAYS OR 1ST WEEK OF MEDICATION???
- Rubber mulch ok?
- Prednisone & Relapse
I've added more references to the references page thanks to a submission of resources from an Infectious Diseases Coordinator.
Charlie's owner Bob sent in two videos of Charlie's coughing and hacking, and Charlie's x-rays. Unfortunately Charlie did not survive Blastomycosis. See them here: Charlie
I've added a chat box for anyone who wants to chat with other people who are online at the same time - Blastomycosis Chat Room
I'm working on a case database - View Case Database
I've added a page for scientific papers about Blastomycosis. - Reference List
To see the latest mention of Blastomycosis in the news, visit this section of our message board: Blastomycosis in the News