Blastomycosis, or "blasto" for short, is a fungal disease found in humans, dogs, and other mammals - occasionally cats. It is commonly misdiagnosed, often as cancer, Valley fever, Lyme disease, and other viral infections.
I have put together this site in memory of my Golden Retriever, who is believed to have died from Blastomycosis. I am collecting all the information I can find about this fungal disease.
I hope that over time you can submit your information and stories to make this a major blastomycosis resource center for anyone who maybe recently diagnosed, or who is suffering from its effects.
The message board here is quite active. Please use feel free to use the message board to share your stories, photos, memories of blastomycosis victims.
Latest Posts on the Message Board
- Relapse question
- Can Humans and Other Dogs Get Blasto From a Dog That is Positive with Blasto
- Black lab's back legs semi-parilized
- A Poem i wrote to help - I lost Stewie this weekend to Blasto
- A Poem I wrote - I lost my Stewie to Blasto
- Help lost,sad and confused
- Westie in his first week of blasto treatment - just got seizure?!
- Server migration & missing posts
- 4 Year Old Weimaraner in Columbus, Ohio
- blasto side effect
- Zeke, two time Blasto survivor, cancer victim.
- My Henry!
- Report Spammers
- Wikipedia articles on Blastomycosis and Blastomyces dermatitidis
- Indoor Pets & Blasto...a possible answer
- Just lost our 18 month old Chow to Blasto
- Canine Gastrointestinal Microflora
I've added more references to the references page thanks to a submission of resources from an Infectious Diseases Coordinator.
Charlie's owner Bob sent in two videos of Charlie's coughing and hacking, and Charlie's x-rays. Unfortunately Charlie did not survive Blastomycosis. See them here: Charlie
I've added a chat box for anyone who wants to chat with other people who are online at the same time - Blastomycosis Chat Room
I'm working on a case database - View Case Database
I've added a page for scientific papers about Blastomycosis. - Reference List
To see the latest mention of Blastomycosis in the news, visit this section of our message board: Blastomycosis in the News